- Counsel one cabin of 3-6 campers
- Lead cabin devotions
- Help cabin members perform bathroom/kitchen/cabin cleanup
- Guide campers on hikes
- Enforce camp rules and schedule
- Assist director in facilitating activities
- Participate in camp activities when appropriate
- Must be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Must be prepared to administer first aid at all times (including hikes)
- Keep and dispense all camper medications
- Accompany campers on all hikes
- Up-to-date commercial driver’s license (CDL) required
- Drive campers from First Mennonite Church to Camp Palisades and back
- Drive campers from the camp to trailheads, Palisades Reservoir, whitewater rafting launch site, etc.
Camp Work Day Volunteers:
- Cut down trees as necessary
- Cut and carry logs for firewood
- Sweep cabins and spray with Clorox
- Clean, sanitize, and organize the lodge
- Maintain and install appliances
- Possibly build new cabins, add-ons, etc.
- Repair fences around property perimeter
- Mow weeds along trails and open areas
Camp work day is different every year, depending on what needs to be done. Come prepared to help anywhere.